WE WORK WITH OSMIND TO IMPROVE YOUR CARE JOURNEY
As part of our commitment to quality, we use Osmind.
The Osmind platform is a central hub for us to track your progress and communicate in between appointments. It enhances the care you receive, facilitates communication with our clinic, and helps you keep track of medications and other parts of your treatment plan. It also helps you submit out-of-network insurance claims for your treatments at our clinic.
After we invite you to join the system, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log in. This email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org; please check the spam or promotions folders in your inbox if you can’t find it. Please email email@example.com if you require assistance.
To get started, download the mobile app. On the iPhone, click this link to download the app (alternatively, search “Osmind” in the app store). For Android users, click this link to download the app (or search “Osmind” in the Google Play Store).
What to expect
The app will send you notifications with things we’ve designed into your treatment plan. Therefore, it is important that you follow the app’s instructions in a timely manner.
We will ask you to track how you are doing between visits, using mood scores and/or validated questionnaires.
- You will receive notifications and text messages to remind you to complete these measures. This helps us track your progress together.
- Many studies have shown that using such rating scales improves how people feel. Measurement-based care has been shown to improve outcomes. We use evidence-based practices to provide the highest quality of care.
- We only monitor the app during business hours. Please do not use this app to communicate if you are having an emergency — in that case you should call 911 and contact emergency services. This app is not designed for use during emergency situations.
We will work together to track your progress and communicate efficiently
- Please use the platform to journal about your progress, send secure messages to our clinicians or staff, and more.
- We may use the platform to remind you to take medications or complete parts of your care journey such as specific exercises or preparation/integration content. Please follow the instructions on when/how to take any medications and log any information we ask for as part of your treatment plan.
- You will become more engaged in your care, giving you more control over your health. We will be able to see which interventions work and adjust your treatment plan accordingly.
The app helps you submit insurance claims for your treatments
You can use the app to submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. All you need is the superbill (itemized receipt with medical information that we provide after treatments) and about two minutes to input information into the app — and Osmind takes care of the rest! No need for snail mail, faxing, or the insurance company pretending it lost the claim. Osmind helps you get more money back, faster.
Why does this app help people feel better?
The Osmind Care Platform enables us to practice measurement-based care. Measurement-based care is an evidence-based practice that involves the systematic evaluation of your progress throughout a treatment, including systematic administration of symptom rating scales, which helps drive clinical decision-making in a personalized manner. This approach has been shown through many studies to improve clinical outcomes and help patients get better faster.
By using the Osmind platform for measurement-based care, we are following evidence-based practices that have been advocated for by experts for many years. In fact, many other clinics do not follow these evidence-based practices. A large amount of research has shown that measurement-based care helps improve outcomes and provides a number of benefits to patients and clients. Many studies have shown that using patient-reported symptom rating scales improves how patients feel. Studies also show that patients like this approach since it gives you more control over your treatment journey, augments your communication with your provider, and makes your care more efficient. Self-tracking helps us be more mindful of your mood, allowing us to intervene before you relapse. If you are interested to learn more, please read this whitepaper on measurement-based care.
The app also helps you get money back for your treatments with us. You can submit your out-of-network insurance reimbursement claims directly through the app, which will send it to your insurance company digitally. It takes less than two minutes for you to submit your reimbursement claim!
Is the app HIPAA compliant?
Yes! The platform is HIPAA-compliant, protected by end-to-end encryption, and research-grade (meaning parties such as the FDA trust the authenticity of the data). Our clinic and Osmind both uphold strict standards for safeguarding protected health information that meet or exceed legal requirements. Osmind works with independent third parties to verify its compliance and security. We chose to use this system because we trust its security and privacy safeguards.